Saturday 7 September 2013

Conclusion

My thoughts about the week
 
On my first day during the introduction when I was told that we were going to be creating portrait sculptures I was quite worried because I had no experience with clay and had no idea how I would be able to successfully produce a head. However I found that step by step you manage to build a model and before you know it you have completed a whole sculpture. I found that during the process it took every bit of concentration I had, and at times I found myself really stressed, taking hours to complete one section to make it just how I wanted it to be, and sometimes you work on one area so much that you start to drift away from how it is really meant to look. I was quite surprised at how naturally it came to me and not finding it as hard as I thought it would be, creating someone's face, purely from a slab of clay is amazing and made me want to keep creating new ones. As soon as I had finished my model I wanted to start on a second one and improve and keep doing things differently and trying different facial features and expressions. Portrait ceramics is something that I would definitely like to do again and is something that you can get lost in for hours and days.  I thought it was a truly inspirational experience and I felt that I learned a huge amount in just five days and feel I will definitely give it another go soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment